Fund Development AdministratorCompany: Canadian Mental Health Association
Date Posted: January 8, 2018
Fund Development Administrator
Founded in 1956, the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna and District (CMHA Kelowna) is part of Canada’s oldest national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA helps people access the community resources they need to build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are seeking individuals who share our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization.
We are experiencing significant growth, and are seeking an energetic Fund Development Administrator to support our Fund Development Manager on a full time basis. In this new and dynamic role, you will be responsible for supporting fund development objectives by maintaining our primary database, tracking donations, writing thank you letters, and working behind the scenes to make sure that our donors and community/corporate supporters have an excellent experience with our agency. From time to time, you will be involved in supporting CMHA by building relationships with various stakeholders, and supporting other members of the leadership team to acquire, retain and steward donors.
As the ideal candidate, you have a passion for philanthropy, exceptional administration and computer software skills, the ability to manage competing priorities and thrive in working in a dynamic, team focused, changing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative role;
- Previous experience in a charitable environment is an asset but not required;
- A passion for our cause and exceptional administration abilities including database management;
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner with the general public, people experiencing mental illness and their family members, funders, volunteers, staff and other community partners;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel: knowledge of both PC and Mac operating systems is an asset;
- Attention to detail and follow-up skills. Ability to complete work in a priority order, meeting a high degree of professionalism and quality;
- Highly resourceful and excellent problem solving skills and ability to think on your feet;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a high performing team and a passion for enabling success by providing exceptional support.
To apply for this exciting new position, please forward a cover letter and resume by January 15, 2018 to:
Tanja Halsall, Director of People and Culture @ Tanja.Halsall@cmha.bc.ca
CMHA is an equity employer and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders, and others who may contribute to our further diversification.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.