Fund Development OfficerCompany: The Bridge Youth & Family Services
Date Posted: March 19, 2018
Fund Development Officer
Competition Number: 1B05-2018-12
Temporary 1 year with the possibility of extension
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Annual Salary range of $60,000 – $70,000, depending on experience
Health and Wellness Benefits
1. Education and experience
• Undergraduate degree/diploma in fund-development, marketing, sales or a related discipline (CFRE designation preferred).
• Minimum 5 years successful experience in a fund development capacity, or equivalent experience in marketing & sales.
• Experience working with fundraising volunteers and/or Board Members for a fundraising organization and/or combination of not-for-profit revenue generating experience.
• Sound knowledge of principles and practices of fundraising techniques and CRA guidelines.
• Proven track record in marketing & sales and/or attaining funding for various non-profit/community based programs through various grants and proposals, special events, fundraising campaigns, donor prospecting, philanthropic campaigning, corporate solicitation, and major gifts.
• Experience in working with projects, programs and initiatives that improve health outcomes and quality of life through service delivery, programming, knowledge sharing, capacity building, self-empowerment, networking, advocacy, and fund development.
• Experience in developing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating large scale event-based fundraising activities and campaigns.
• Experience with building, supporting, and managing strategic collaborative partnerships.
• An understanding of the local philanthropic community is an asset.
2. Job skills and abilities
• Skilled in developing and initiating new fundraising, programming and service delivery ideas in partnership with ethnically, and economically diverse individuals, institutions and groups.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral skills including public speaking/presentations and representing an agency with professionalism.
• The ability to manage priorities, multi-task simultaneous priorities, work independently with tight timelines, maintain confidentiality, and deal effectively with changing deadlines.
• The ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
• Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office programs, granting/donor databases, customer relationship management systems, and digital communications - such as social media, and web content management.
• Proven experience utilizing one or more donor database management tools and/or online fund processing systems.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends when required in a variety of social and physical settings along with travel and offsite work.
Closing date: March 26, 2018 4:00 pm
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Competition # 1B05-2018-12
The Bridge Youth & Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.